The Southwest Terminal at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX) is one of the busiest in the United States. Located in Arizona, USA, Phoenix Airport is one of the busiest as well as the largest airports in the country.
Also called Sky Harbor Airport, it has been ranked at the 12th position in the US (2020) for passenger boardings. Opened in 1928, Phoenix Airport is used as the main hub for several major airlines, such as Southwest Airlines, Delta Air Lines, and Frontier Airlines.
For Southwest Airlines, Phoenix Airport is used as a base. Southwest uses Terminal 4 of Phoenix Airport (PHX). This terminal has 92 gates, baggage claim counters, check-in points, and more, for the arrivals/departures of Southwest Airlines.
What Terminal is Southwest at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX)?
Southwest Airlines uses Terminal 4 at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX). The airline uses it for the arrivals and departures of its flights. Southwest is the primary carrier using Terminal 4 for its flight operations.
To manage these operations, Gates C:1-4, 6-9, 11-14, 16-19, and D:1-8 are used. At PHX Airport Terminal 4, these flights depart to or arrive from Albuquerque, Chicago, Las Vegas, San Diego, and other locations.
Southwest Airlines Arrival Terminal at Phoenix Airport:
At Phoenix Airport (PHX), Southwest Airlines uses Terminal 4 for the arrival of its domestic and international flights. This terminal is highly advanced in terms of the technology used.
Therefore, baggage claim and other processes are quickly administered. For baggage claim, Level 1 has to be visited. This area is located outside security.
Southwest Departure Terminal at Phoenix Airport:
Terminal 4 is used by Southwest Airlines for the departures of international and domestic flights at Phoenix Airport (PHX).
Prior to departing on a Southwest flight from Phoenix Airport, travelers can check in using various options at Terminal 4.
- The terminal has a check-in counter situated outside security at Level 2.
- Kiosks are provided for self-check-in outside security at Level 3.
- For curbside check-in, travelers can head to Level 2, Doors 22-28, and Doors 21-27.
Southwest Airlines Information at Phoenix Airport
The following table can guide passengers in getting a brief introduction to Phoenix Airport (PHX)’s Terminal 4 which is used by Southwest Airlines:
|Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport
|Southwest Airlines Terminal at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX)
|The Southwest Airlines terminal at Sky Harbor Airport is Terminal 4.
|Southwest Airlines Arrivals Terminal at Phoenix Airport (PHX)
|The Southwest Airlines arrival terminal at PHX Airport is Terminal 4.
|Southwest Airlines Departure Terminal at Phoenix Airport (PHX)
|Southwest Airlines departs from Terminal 4 at Sky Harbor International Airport, using Gates C:1-4, 6-9, 11-14,16-19, and D:1-8.
|Suggested Arrival Times
|Domestic – 150 minutes
International – 150 minutes
|Phoenix Airport Code
|Phoenix Airport Address
|3400 Sky Hbr Blvd, Phoenix, AZ 85034, USA
|Southwest Airlines IATA Code
|Southwest Airlines ICAO Code
|Southwest Airlines Ticket Counter Opening Hours at Phoenix Airport
|Opens 90 minutes before the first departing flight, Monday-Sunday.
|Southwest Airlines Phone Number for Phoenix Airport
|Southwest Airlines Website
|Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport Website
Southwest Airlines’s Baggage Services at Phoenix Airport (PHX)
Located at Level 2 of Terminal 4, the lost and found department handles queries associated with missing, delayed, and damaged baggage. The Southwest Terminal at Phoenix Airport (PHX) can be headed to for reporting such specific issues.
Besides, the following contact details can be utilized to ease the process of reporting baggage concerns:
|Southwest Airlines Lost and Found Contact Number for PHX
|Southwest Airlines Baggage Phone Number for PHX
|Phoenix Airport Lost and Found Office Contact Number
|Phoenix Airport Lost & Found Office Email ID
Southwest Airlines’s Services at Terminal 4 in Phoenix Airport (PHX)
To access varied services, Southwest Airlines’ Terminal 4 at Phoenix Airport (PHX) can be approached by passengers arriving and departing.
Visitors can primarily access booking-related services. Besides, cancellations, modifications, and refunds are also facilitated at Terminal 4.
- Booking Tickets: Fliers can connect with the Airport-situated counter of Southwest Airlines to book tickets for the routes covered. They can book tickets for groups too. While reserving tickets, Southwest counters at Terminal 4 can be approached for the redemption of Rapid Rewards as well.
- Modifications to Flights: Be it name change or upgrades to travel, Southwest Airlines allows almost all sorts of modifications. However, this may come with certain rules and charges. To learn about the same or to receive this service, Southwest Airlines’ Terminal at Phoenix Airport (PHX) should be headed.
- Cancel Reservations: Southwest Airlines understands that unwanted scenarios can end up with flight revocations. Hence, it offers convenient and flexible services to cancel the bookings. Online as well as airport-based cancellations are featured by the Southwest at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport’s Terminal 4.
- Refunds/Compensation: After cancellation, services to claim refunds are provided by Southwest as per eligibility. Refund requests can be submitted to the Southwest Airlines counter located in Terminal 4 at Phoenix Airport. Services to claim compensation are also provided by the airline in instances involving flight delays or disruptions.
- Unaccompanied Minor Travel: Southwest is among the reliable airlines to access unaccompanied minor travel services. Via Phoenix Airport Terminal 4, to make the travel of unaccompanied minors safe, Southwest even has a special policy. It allows smooth navigation of underaged passengers between the ages of 5 and 11 years.
- Travel with Pets: Small vaccinated pets such as dogs and cats can travel in the cabin with a ticketed passenger of Southwest. While pet travel services are provided by this airline, its rules have to be abided by while flying from Phoenix Airport. Detailed information and other assistance can be obtained from the Southwest counter at Terminal 4.
- Accessibility Services: To ease the travel of specially-abled people from PHX Airport, Southwest Airlines provides accessibility services such as wheelchair assistance. Upon request or advance intimation, the same can be availed on the travel day. To make such a request, travelers can find the airline’s counters at Terminal 4 at Phoenix Airport (PHX).
Southwest Airlines Lounges at Phoenix Airport (PHX)
Southwest Airlines does not offer a lounge facility as of now at Terminal 4 of Phoenix Airport. However, some airport-based lounges are available. These lounges can be accessed by any passengers, irrespective of their airline and cabin class.
Some of these options have been given here:
The Escape Lounge
Available for all passengers including Southwest Airlines, The Escape Lounge is located near Gate B21 of Southwest Airlines Terminal 4 at Phoenix Airport (PHX).
It is functional between 6:00 A.M. and 8:30 P.M. Here, fliers can get numerous amenities including the ones listed below:
- Fast-speed Wi-Fi
- Unlimited drinks/beverages
- Contactless exit and entry
This lounge, The USO, is specifically featured for military members as well as for their families traveling from Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX).
It is available at the eastern end of Level 2 – Pre-security at Terminal 4 of Phoenix Airport (PHX) for every eligible passenger of airlines like Southwest.
The USO Lounge is available between 7:00 A.M. and 3:00 P.M., through Monday to Sunday.
Food Options at Southwest Terminal 4 in Phoenix Airport (PHX)
Southwest Airlines’s Terminal 4 has around 50 restaurants and outlets for food at Phoenix Airport (PHX). Many of these are available for the passengers of Southwest Airlines.
Be it a quick bite or authentic local cuisines, Phoenix Airport has an assorted range of restaurants and bars at Terminal 4.
|Zinc Brasserie to Go
|Blanco Tacos and Tequila
|Cheuvront Restaurant & Wine Bar
|Dilly’s Deli Express
|The Express by Mark Tarbell
|Cartel Roasting Co.
|Four Peaks Brewing Company
|The Goods by Mark Tarbell
|Bobby’s Burgers by Bobby Flay
|La Grande Orange
|Blue Mesa Tacos
|Matt’s Big Breakfast
|Olive & Ivy
|Peet’s Coffee & Tea
|Pedal Haus Brewery
|PHX FLT Club
|Sir Veza’s Taco Garage
|Sip Coffee & Beer
|Tammie Coe To Go
|Wildflower Bread Company
|Cowboy Ciao Kiosk
Facilities Provided at Terminal 4 in Phoenix Airport (PHX)
At Phoenix Airport’s Terminal 4, fliers can avail of various facilities such as information helpdesks and fast-speed Wi-Fi. The other services at Southwest Airlines Terminal 4 at Phoenix Airport include:
|Arizona Lottery Retail
|Cash to card machines
Parking at Terminal 4 in Phoenix Airport (PHX)
At Phoenix Airport’s Terminal 4, multiple parking options are offered to Southwest Airlines’ passengers and visitors. Right from short-term parking at West Economy Garage to high-end valet parking, travelers can pick the options as per their needs. When it comes to booking, all these options allow online as well as on-site reservations of the parking space.
|Garage or Parking Lot
|Charges for 1st Hour
|Fees for Every Extra 30 Minutes
|Maximum Daily Charges
|West Economy Garage
|Terminal 4 Garage
|West Economy Park & Walk (Seasonal)
|East Economy Lot
|East Economy Garages A & B
|24th Street Station
|Premium Parking (T4)
|Valet Parking (T4)
Southwest Terminal’s Map of Phoenix Airport (PHX)
The Phoenix Airport (PHX) Southwest Terminal 4 map is a helpful way to understand the structure of the building. It is also a handy tool to know about the facilities and services available at this terminal.
Passengers can use the PHX Southwest Terminal map to find check-in counters, food outlets, information desks, parking, and so on.
Southwest Airlines uses Terminal 4 of Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX). The terminal has the facilities to carry out domestic as well as international operations. Also, it has dedicated counters to regulate check-in and baggage claim processes conveniently even when a high volume of passengers is observed.
Southwest Airlines uses Terminal 4 at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport.
Terminal 4 is used for the arrival of Southwest flights at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX).
At Phoenix Airport, Terminal 4 is used for the departure of Southwest flights.
Southwest uses gates C:1-4, 6-9, 11-14,16-19, and D:1-8 at Phoenix Airport (PHX) for departures.
Travelers of Southwest Airlines can dial 800-435-9792 to get their queries answered at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX).