The Spirit Airlines LAX terminal is located in Terminal 5 of Los Angeles International Airport. Spirit Airlines is a low-cost carrier that offers domestic and international flights. The airline is known for its affordable fares and bare-bones service.
In this guide, we’ll take a closer look at Spirit Airlines LAX Terminal, including its location, check-in and baggage claim procedures, amenities and services, and tips for navigating the terminal.
Information about Spirit Airlines Terminal at Los Angeles Airport (LAX)
|Los Angeles International Airport
|9691 World Way, Los Angeles, CA 90045
|Spirit Airlines LAX Terminal
|Located on Level 1, near Gate 54A
|1 (855) 724-7474
What Terminal is Spirit Airlines at LAX Airport?
No need to worry about switching terminals or getting lost! All Spirit Airlines arrivals, departures, check-in, and baggage claim are conveniently located within Terminal 5 at Los Angeles Airport (LAX). This makes navigating the airport easy and stress-free for your Spirit Airlines journey.
Spirit Airlines Arrival Terminal at LAX Airport
Upon landing, head to the Spirit Airlines designated area in Terminal 5 at LAX Airport for baggage claim. Look for your flight number on the arrival screens to locate your specific carousel.
Baggage claim for Spirit Airlines flights is located on the lower level of Terminal 5. Follow the baggage claim signage and keep an eye out for your flight number displayed on the screens above the carousels.
Spirit Airlines Departure Terminal at LAX Airport
The Spirit Airlines departure terminal at LAX is Terminal 5. This terminal is also home to JetBlue Airways and some American Airlines flights. Terminal 5 is located on the west side of LAX, between Terminal 3 and Terminal 4.
Spirit Airlines gates are located in the West Concourse of Terminal 5. Specific gate assignments are displayed on arrival boards in the terminal and on your boarding pass.
What Check-in Options is Available at LAX Airport?
Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) offers a variety of check-in options to make it easy for passengers to get ready for their flights. The specific check-in options available will vary depending on your airline, but most airlines offer the following options:
- Online check-in: Most airlines allow passengers to check in for their flights online up to 24 hours before departure. To check in online, you will need to provide your reservation number and last name. Once you have checked in online, you can print your boarding pass or save it to your mobile device.
- Mobile check-in: Many airlines also offer mobile check-in. To check in using your mobile device, you will need to download the airline’s mobile app and log in to your account. Once you have logged in, you can select your flight and check-in. Once you have checked in, you can save your boarding pass to your mobile device or print it at a self-service kiosk at the airport.
- Airport check-in: You can also check-in for your flight at the airport. The check-in counters for your airline will be located in the terminal where your flight is departing. To check in at the airport, you will need to provide your reservation number and last name. You may also need to show your passport or other identification.
Spirit Airlines Lost/Damaged/Delayed Baggage at Los Angeles Airport (LAX)
Losing, damaging, or delaying your luggage can be a stressful experience, especially when on vacation or a business trip. If you encounter any baggage issues with Spirit Airlines at LAX Airport, here’s what you need to know:
- Domestic Lost Baggage: Report within 4 hours of arrival at the Spirit Airlines Baggage Service office in Terminal 5.
- International Lost Baggage: Report within 21 days of arrival at the Spirit Airlines Baggage Service office in Terminal 5.
- Damaged Baggage: Report within 7 days of arrival at the Spirit Airlines Baggage Service office in Terminal 5.
Filing a Claim:
- Visit https://www.spirit.com/bagclaim and enter your last name and file ID (obtained from the Baggage Service office).
- Complete the online claim form with details of the issue, including descriptions of lost or damaged items and receipts for replacement purchases.
- Submit the claim and relevant documentation electronically.
Lounges at Spirit Airlines Terminal in Los Angeles Airport (LAX)
Unfortunately, Spirit Airlines doesn’t operate its lounge at LAX Airport. However, Terminal 5 offers several independent lounges accessible through various programs and memberships:
- The Centurion Lounge: Accessible with an American Express Platinum Card or select Chase Sapphire cards.
- The Escape Lounge: Accessible with Priority Pass membership or day passes.
- The International Arrivals Lounge: Accessible with select Priority Pass memberships or day passes.
- The Private Suite: Offers private cabins for individual relaxation or group gatherings, available for rent.
Food & Dining Options at Los Angeles Airport
Terminal 5 boasts a diverse selection of restaurants and eateries to satisfy your cravings:
|Vegan & Paleo
|Near Gates 50A & 50B
|The Habit Burger Grill
|Near Gates 50A & 50B
|Near Gate 54
|Peet’s Coffee & Tea
|Coffee & Tea
|California Pizza Kitchen
|Near Gates 56A & 56B
|Near Gate 57A
|Joe & The Juice
|Fresh Juices & Smoothies
|Near Gate 57B
|Coffee & Pastries
This is just a small selection, and you can find many more options throughout the terminal, including grab-and-go options, international cuisine, and fine dining experiences.
Spirit Airlines Services at Terminal in Los Angeles Airport (LAX)
Spirit Airlines offers various services at Terminal 5 to enhance your travel experience:
- Self-service kiosks: Check-in, print boarding passes, and update travel information.
- Baggage assistance: Help with checking and claiming your luggage.
- Customer service: Get assistance with flight changes, reservations, and other inquiries.
- ATMs: Access cash for travel expenses.
- Currency exchange: Convert foreign currency before your flight.
- Restrooms and showers: Freshen up before your flight.
- Free Wi-Fi: Stay connected throughout your journey.
Where Does Spirit Airlines Fly from LAX Airport?
Spirit Airlines only operates domestic flights out of LAX Airport, they do not offer any international flights from LAX. However, here are some of the popular domestic destinations they fly to from LAX Airport:
|Airport Full Name
|Atlantic City International Airport
|Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport
|Bogotá El Dorado International Airport
|Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport
|Chicago O’Hare International Airport
|Los Angeles International Airport
|Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport
|Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport
|Hartford Bradley International Airport
|Houston George Bush Intercontinental Airport
|Indianapolis International Airport
|Kansas City International Airport
|Latrobe Westmoreland County Airport
|Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport
|Las Vegas Harry Reid International Airport
|Louisville Muhammad Ali International Airport
|Boston Logan International Airport
|Memphis International Airport
|Milwaukee Mitchell International Airport
|Minneapolis-Saint Paul International
|Newark Liberty International Airport
|Orlando International Airport
Map of Spirit Airlines Terminal at Los Angeles Airport (LAX)
Here is an interactive map of Spirit Airlines Terminal at Los Angeles Airport (LAX):
Contact Spirit Airlines at Los Angeles Airport
Here are the different ways you can contact Spirit Airlines at Los Angeles Airport:
- General inquiries: 1 (855) 724-7474
- Website: https://www.spirit.com/
- Contact form: https://customersupport.spirit.com/en-US/contact-us/
- Spirit Airlines Ticket Counter: Located in Terminal 5 at Los Angeles International Airport. Hours of operation are 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
I hope this information helps you navigate the Spirit Airlines Terminal at LAX Airport with ease. Remember to check for flight updates, terminal changes, and any other important information before your trip. Have a smooth and enjoyable journey!
Spirit Airlines operates exclusively out of Terminal 5 at LAX Airport.
Spirit Airlines arrivals and departures both occur at Terminal 5. So, no matter if you’re landing or taking off with Spirit, head to Terminal 5.
As mentioned, there’s no need to differentiate between arrival and departure terminals for Spirit at LAX. Remember, all Spirit Airlines activity takes place in Terminal 5.
No, both arrivals and departures for Spirit Airlines occur in Terminal 5.
The general Spirit Airlines customer service number is 1 (855) 724-7474.
Spirit Airlines does not have its lounge at LAX. However, Terminal 5 offers various independent lounges accessible through programs and memberships.