The Spirit Airlines LAX terminal is located in Terminal 5 of Los Angeles International Airport. Spirit Airlines is a low-cost carrier that offers domestic and international flights. The airline is known for its affordable fares and bare-bones service.
In this guide, we’ll take a closer look at Spirit Airlines LAX Terminal, including its location, check-in and baggage claim procedures, amenities and services, and tips for navigating the terminal.
What Terminal is Spirit Airlines at LAX?
Spirit Airlines operates from two terminals at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX):
- Terminal 5: This is the primary terminal for Spirit at LAX, and it handles all Spirit departures.
- Terminal TB (Tom Bradley International Terminal): This terminal handles Spirit arrivals only.
If you are flying into LAX on Spirit, you will arrive at Terminal TB. Once you have deplaned, follow the signs to baggage claim. Once you have collected your luggage, you can either take a shuttle to Terminal 5 for your departure flight, or you can walk between the two terminals. It is about a 10-minute walk from Terminal TB to Terminal 5.
Spirit Airlines Arrival Terminal at LAX
Once your Spirit flight arrives at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), you will deplane at Terminal TB (Tom Bradley International Terminal). From there, follow the signs to baggage claim.
Spirit Airlines Departure Terminal at LAX
The Spirit Airlines departure terminal at LAX is Terminal 5. This terminal is also home to JetBlue Airways and some American Airlines flights. Terminal 5 is located on the west side of LAX, between Terminal 3 and Terminal 4.
What Check-in Options is Available at LAX Airport?
Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) offers a variety of check-in options to make it easy for passengers to get ready for their flights. The specific check-in options available will vary depending on your airline, but most airlines offer the following options:
- Online check-in: Most airlines allow passengers to check in for their flights online up to 24 hours before departure. To check-in online, you will need to provide your reservation number and last name. Once you have checked in online, you can print your boarding pass or save it to your mobile device.
- Mobile check-in: Many airlines also offer mobile check-in. To check in using your mobile device, you will need to download the airline’s mobile app and log in to your account. Once you have logged in, you can select your flight and check-in. Once you have checked in, you can save your boarding pass to your mobile device or print it at a self-service kiosk at the airport.
- Airport check-in: You can also check in for your flight at the airport. The check-in counters for your airline will be located in the terminal where your flight is departing. To check in at the airport, you will need to provide your reservation number and last name. You may also need to show your passport or other identification.
Where Does Spirit Airlines Fly from LAX?
Here are the destinations where Spirit Airlines flies from Los Angeles International Airport (LAX):
|Destination City||Country||Airport Code|
|Las Vegas, USA||USA||LAS|
|Dallas/Fort Worth, USA||USA||DFW|
|Fort Lauderdale, USA||USA||FLL|
|San Antonio, USA||USA||SAT|
|New York, USA||USA||LGA|
|Myrtle Beach, USA||USA||MYR|
|San Juan, Puerto Rico||USA||SJU|
|Punta Cana, Dominican Republic||Dominican Republic||PUJ|
|San Salvador||El Salvador||SAL|
|Montego Bay, Jamaica||Jamaica||MBJ|
Spirit operates from two terminals at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX): Terminal 5 and Terminal TB. Terminal 5 is the primary terminal for Spirit Airlines at LAX, and it handles all Spirit departures. Terminal TB handles Spirit arrivals only.
To get to Spirit Airlines Terminal 5 at LAX, you can take the FlyAway bus, a taxi or ride-sharing service, or your personal vehicle. The FlyAway bus is the most affordable option, but it can be crowded. Taxis and ride-sharing services are more expensive, but they are more convenient. If you are driving to LAX, you can park in the Terminal 5 parking garage.