Delta Terminal ORD, also known as Terminal 5 (T5), is a state-of-the-art facility at Chicago O’Hare International Airport that serves as the primary hub for Delta Air Lines. The terminal underwent a $1 billion expansion and renovation project in recent years, transforming it into a modern and efficient hub for both domestic and international travel.
In this, we’ll provide you with an overview of Delta Terminal ORD, including its location, amenities, and services. We’ll also offer some tips for making the most of your time at the terminal.
What Terminal is Delta at ORD Airport?
Delta Air Lines operates out of Terminal 5 (T5) at Chicago O’Hare International Airport. This terminal is located in the western part of the airport, and it is easily accessible by car, train, or bus.
In addition to baggage claim, check-in, and security, Terminal 5 also has a variety of other amenities and services, including:
- Restaurants and bars
- Duty-free stores
- Currency exchange
- Travelers Aid
- Mother’s rooms
- All-gender restrooms
Delta Arrival Terminal ORD
If you are arriving at ORD on a Delta flight, you will collect your baggage in Terminal 5. The baggage claim area is located on the lower level of the terminal.
Delta Departure Terminal ORD
If you are departing from ORD on a Delta flight, you will check in for your flight and go through security on the upper level of Terminal 5. The check-in counters are located near the entrance to the terminal, and the security checkpoints are located at the north and south ends of the concourse.
What Types of Check-in Options are Available at ORD Airport?
Delta Air Lines offers a variety of check-in options at Chicago O’Hare International Airport (ORD) to make your travel experience as convenient and efficient as possible.
- Online Check-in: You can check in for your Delta flight online 24 hours to 45 minutes before departure. To check-in online, you will need your confirmation number or ticket number and your passport or other valid government-issued identification.
- Mobile Check-in: You can also check-in for your Delta flight using the Delta app. The app is available for iOS and Android devices. To check in using the app, you will need to scan your passport or other valid government-issued identification.
- Airport Check-in: If you prefer to check in at the airport, you can do so at one of the Delta check-in counters in Terminal 5. The check-in counters are open two hours before departure. To check in at the airport, you will need your confirmation number or ticket number and your passport or other valid government-issued identification.
- Self-service Kiosks: Delta also offers self-service kiosks at ORD Airport. The kiosks are located in the check-in area and can be used to check in for your flight, print your boarding pass, and select your seat.
- Curbside Check-in: If you are driving to the airport, you can check in for your Delta flight curbside. The curbside check-in area is located at the entrance to Terminal 5. To check in curbside, you will need to provide your confirmation number or ticket number and your passport or other valid government-issued identification.
Delta Terminal ORD is a modern and convenient facility that offers passengers a wide range of amenities and services. With its variety of check-in options, expedited security screening programs, and Sky Club amenities, Delta Terminal ORD makes it easy for passengers to have a smooth and enjoyable travel experience.
Whether you are a frequent flyer or a first-time visitor to ORD, be sure to take advantage of all that Delta Terminal ORD has to offer.