Navigating a new airport, especially for an international flight, can be daunting. But worry not, Air India passengers arriving and departing from London Heathrow Airport! This guide demystifies the Air India Heathrow terminal experience, equipping you with all the essential information for a smooth and stress-free journey.
From arrival procedures and baggage claim details to departure terminal specifics and gate locations, we’ve got you covered. So, buckle up and let’s explore your “Air India Heathrow terminal” adventure!
Information of Air India Terminal at Heathrow Airport
|London Heathrow Airport
|Longford TW6 1AP, United Kingdom
|Air India Heathrow Terminals
|+44 (0)800 048 9254
What Terminal is Air India at Heathrow Airport?
Relax, Air India operates exclusively from Terminal 2 at Heathrow Airport. This simplifies your journey, as you won’t need to worry about inter-terminal transfers.
Air India Arrival Terminal at Heathrow Airport
Rest assured, all Air India flights arrive and depart from Terminal 2 at Heathrow Airport. This simplifies your journey as you won’t need to worry about inter-terminal transfers. Upon arrival, head to the Baggage Claim Hall within Terminal 2. Look for the designated carousels displaying the Air India logo or flight information to collect your checked luggage.
Air India Departure Terminal at Heathrow Airport
Once departing, proceed to Terminal 2. Locate Zone D in the Departure Lounge of Terminal 2. Allow ample time for check-in, security checks, and boarding procedures. Consider online check-in for added convenience.
Your boarding gate information will be displayed on screens throughout the Departure Lounge and announced before boarding.
Air India Baggage Services at Heathrow Airport
Flying with Air India through Heathrow Airport? Here’s everything you need to know about baggage allowance, restrictions, and what to do in case of lost or damaged luggage:
Checked Baggage at Heathrow Airport
Flying with Air India through Heathrow Airport? Here’s what you need to know about checked baggage:
- Allowance: The free checked baggage allowance depends on your ticket class and destination. Check Air India’s website or mobile app for specific allowances based on your itinerary.
- Oversized/Overweight Fees: Bags exceeding size or weight limits incur additional charges. Be sure to pack within allowances to avoid unexpected costs.
- Pre-purchase Extra Allowance: Consider purchasing additional checked baggage allowance online or at the airport if you anticipate exceeding the standard limit.
Carry-on Baggage at Heathrow Airport
Flying with Air India through Heathrow Airport? Here’s a quick guide on what you can and can’t pack in your carry-on:
- Allowance: Each passenger is permitted one carry-on bag and one personal item (e.g., purse, laptop bag).
- Size and Weight Restrictions: Ensure your carry-on bag adheres to Air India’s size and weight limits (typically 55cm x 40cm x 20cm and 7kg). Refer to their baggage policy for exact specifications.
- Liquids and Gels: Remember the 100ml rule for liquids and gels in carry-on luggage. Pack them in a clear, resealable plastic bag with a maximum capacity of 1 liter.
Lost and Damaged Baggage at Heathrow Airport
Losing or damaging your luggage can be stressful, but knowing what to do can ease the process:
- Reporting: If your baggage is lost or damaged, immediately report it to Air India’s baggage services personnel at Heathrow Airport. File a Property Irregularity Report (PIR) with detailed information.
- Tracking: Use Air India’s WorldTracer baggage tracking system to monitor the status of your missing luggage.
- Compensation: Air India adheres to international regulations regarding compensation for lost or damaged baggage. Consult their website or contact customer service for details.
Lounges at Air India Terminal in Heathrow Airport:
While Air India doesn’t operate its own dedicated lounge at Heathrow Airport, eligible passengers can relax and unwind before their flight in partner airline lounges located within Terminal 2:
- Lufthansa Senator Lounge: Enjoy complimentary food, beverages, Wi-Fi, and relaxation areas. Access is granted to Star Alliance Gold members, Business Class passengers on Lufthansa or other Star Alliance carriers, and holders of certain premium credit cards.
- United Airlines Club Lounge: Savor a variety of dining options, comfortable seating, and business amenities like Wi-Fi and printing facilities. Access is available to United Club members, Business or First Class passengers on United or other Star Alliance carriers, and select credit card holders.
Remember, eligibility requirements and lounge access fees may vary, so be sure to check the specific lounge’s policies before your flight.
Food & Dining Options at Heathrow Airport
Whether you crave a quick bite before your flight or a leisurely sit-down meal, Heathrow Airport’s Terminal 2 caters to your foodie desires with a diverse range of restaurants, cafes, and bars. From international flavors to familiar favorites, you’ll find something to tantalize your taste buds.
Explore Delicious Delights:
|Caviar House & Prunier Seafood Bar
|Indulge in oysters, caviar, and other fresh seafood delicacies.
|The Perfectionists’ Café
|British & European
|Savor breakfast classics, sandwiches, and light meals in a relaxed setting.
|Enjoy conveyor belt sushi or order à la carte for a quick and flavorful meal.
|Dive into ramen, rice bowls, and other signature dishes in a vibrant atmosphere.
|Treat yourself to freshly baked pizzas, pastas, and salads.
|Coffee & Snacks
|Grab a familiar coffee or tea alongside pastries and sandwiches.
|Pret A Manger
|Sandwiches & Salads
|Pick up healthy and convenient sandwiches, salads, and snacks.
|Coffee & Pastries
|Unwind with a cup of coffee and delicious pastries.
|Pub & Grill
|Immerse yourself in a traditional pub ambiance with classic British fare.
|Giraffe World Kitchen
|Embark on a culinary journey with dishes from around the world.
Air India Services at Terminal in Heathrow Airport
Air India offers a range of services at Heathrow Airport to ensure a smooth and comfortable travel experience. Here’s a quick overview:
- Special Assistance: Dedicated personnel assist passengers with disabilities, ensuring a seamless journey through the airport.
- Currency Exchange: Conveniently convert your currency at competitive rates before your flight.
- Information Desks: Multilingual staff are available to answer questions, provide directions, and offer travel assistance.
- Baggage Services: Check-in baggage, track lost luggage, and inquire about baggage allowances.
- Lounges: Relax and unwind in partner airline lounges (access based on eligibility).
- Shopping: Browse a variety of duty-free shops and boutiques for souvenirs and travel essentials.
- Dining: Enjoy a wide range of restaurants, cafes, and bars within the terminal.
- Flight Information: Stay updated on your flight status and gate information through digital displays and announcements.
Parking at Air India Terminal Heathrow Airport
Parking Options at Heathrow Airport for Air India Passengers (Terminal 2):
|Estimated Cost per Day
|Short Stay Car Parks (T2, T2 Short Stay, T2 Multi-Storey)
|Convenient parking near the terminal, ideal for quick drop-offs or pickups
|Pre-booking recommended for discounts and guaranteed spaces
|Mid Stay Car Parks (T2 Mid Stay, Business Car Park)
|Balance convenience and cost, good for short-term stays (up to 5 days)
|Pre-booking recommended for discounts
|Long Stay Car Parks (Long Stay 1, Long Stay 2, Long Stay 3)
|An affordable option for extended stays (5+ days), shuttle service to the terminal
|Pre-booking often required for discounts and guaranteed spaces
|Valet Parking (Terminal 2)
|Premium service with door-to-door convenience
|£60-£80 per day
- Prices are estimates and may vary depending on the season, day of the week, and booking time.
- Discounts are often available for online pre-booking.
- Consider joining a loyalty program like Heathrow Rewards for additional savings.
Where Does Air India Fly from Heathrow Airport?
Air India operates flights from Heathrow Airport to various destinations in India and beyond. Here are some examples:
|Airport Full Name
|Indira Gandhi International Airport
|Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport
|Bengaluru International Airport
|Newark Liberty International Airport
|San Francisco International Airport
|John F. Kennedy International Airport
|Washington Dulles International Airport
|Toronto Pearson International Airport
|Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport
|Chennai International Airport
|Goa International Airport
|Cochin International Airport
|Trivandrum International Airport
|Jaipur International Airport
|Pune International Airport
|Kolkata International Airport
|Ahmedabad International Airport
|Hyderabad International Airport
Map of Air India Terminal at Heathrow Airport
For a visual representation of Air India’s location and facilities within Terminal 2, refer to the official Heathrow Airport terminal map available online:
Contact Air India at Heathrow Airport
For any inquiries or assistance, contact Air India at Heathrow Airport through the following channels:
- Phone: +44 (0)800 048 9254
- Website: https://www.airindia.com/
With this comprehensive guide, you’re now well-equipped to navigate your Air India journey through London Heathrow Airport with ease. Remember to check Air India’s website for the latest updates and specific information regarding your flight.
Air India operates exclusively from Terminal 2 at Heathrow Airport.
The Air India arrivals terminal at Heathrow Airport is Terminal 2.
The Air India departures terminal at Heathrow Airport is Terminal 2.