Flying in or out of Guangzhou with Air China? This comprehensive guide equips you with all the essential information about Air China Terminal operations at Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport (CAN). Whether you’re a seasoned traveler or a first-time visitor, this guide will ensure a smooth and stress-free experience.
Information About Air China Terminal at Guangzhou Airport
|Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport
|No.2 Renhe Rd., Baiyun District, Guangzhou
|Terminal 1 & 2
|Terminal 1 (Gates 1-29)
|Terminal 1 (Gates 1-29)
|+86 20 3606 6999
What Terminal is Air China at Guangzhou Airport?
Air China operates exclusively from Terminal 1 at Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport (CAN). Remember, this differs from other airlines that often utilize Terminal 2. No matter if you’re arriving or departing, head straight to Terminal 1 to ensure a smooth travel experience with Air China at Guangzhou Airport.
Air China Arrival Terminal at Guangzhou Airport
When arriving at Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport (CAN) with Air China, you’ll disembark at Terminal 1. Follow the signs for “Terminal 1 Arrivals” and proceed to your designated gate as shown on the arrival boards.
Once you reach the arrival hall, locate your specific gate number on the arrival boards. This will correspond to a designated baggage claim carousel displayed on your boarding pass or baggage claim tag. Proceed to that carousel and wait for your luggage to arrive.
Air China Departure Terminal at Guangzhou Airport
Head to Level 3, Terminal 1, and look for the designated Air China check-in counters. Online check-in is available for added convenience. Domestic and international flights both depart from Terminal 1.
Air China boarding gates are typically located in Gates 1-29 within Terminal 1. However, always double-check your boarding pass for the specific gate assigned to your flight to avoid any last-minute dashes.
Lounges at Air China Terminal in Guangzhou Airport
While Air China doesn’t have a dedicated lounge within Terminal 1, you might still be able to access premium relaxation spaces depending on your travel status and ticket class:
- Star Alliance Lounges: As a member of the Star Alliance network, eligible passengers with premium tickets or Star Alliance status may access lounges operated by other member airlines in Terminal 1, such as the United Airlines Club or Singapore Airlines SilverKris Lounge. Check with your airline or the Star Alliance website for eligibility details.
- Priority Pass Lounges: If you hold a Priority Pass membership, you can access select lounges in Terminal 1, regardless of your airline or ticket class. Fees may apply depending on your membership type.
Food & Dining Options at Guangzhou Airport
Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport boasts a diverse and delicious range of dining options to suit every taste and budget. From grab-and-go snacks to sit-down meals, you’re sure to find something to satisfy your cravings. Here’s a taste of what Terminal 1 offers:
|Type of Cuisine
|The Kitchen by Wolfgang Puck
|Area C, Level 4
|Area A, Level 4
|Kam Kee Café
|Hong Kong Cuisine
|Area D, Level 4
|Area D, Level 4
|Area B & C, Level 4
|Area A & D, Level 4
|Area C, Level 4
Remember, numerous other restaurants, cafes, and food courts are available throughout Terminal 1 and the wider airport. Explore the official CAN website or download a dining app for a complete overview.
Air China Services at Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport
Air China offers a variety of services at Terminal 1 to assist passengers and ensure a comfortable journey:
- Baggage assistance: Help with checking in, tagging, and retrieving your luggage.
- Ticketing and boarding assistance: Support with ticketing issues, boarding procedures, and seat selection.
- Special needs assistance: Dedicated personnel to aid passengers with disabilities or requiring special assistance.
- Lost and Found: Services to report lost or found items within the terminal.
- Currency exchange: Convenient counters to exchange currency for your travel needs.
- Duty-free shopping: Explore a wide selection of duty-free goods before your flight.
- Airport lounges: Access to Star Alliance lounges or Priority Pass lounges depending on your eligibility.
- Website and app resources: Access flight information, manage bookings, and check-in online or through the Air China app.
Parking at Air China Terminal Guangzhou Airport (CAN)
Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport offers various parking options to suit different needs and budgets. While Air China doesn’t have a dedicated parking facility, numerous options are available near Terminal 1:
|Distance to Terminal 1
|Estimated Cost (RMB)
|P1 & P2 Parking Garages:
|Multi-level covered parking
|Directly connected to Terminal 1
|1st hour: 10, Subsequent hours: 5/hour, Max daily: 60
|P3 & P4 Parking Lots:
|Uncovered ground-level parking
|Shuttle service is usually provided to Terminal 1
|1st hour: 10, Subsequent hours: 3/hour, Max daily: 40
|Long-Term Parking Lot:
|Uncovered lot further from Terminal 1
|Free shuttle bus service to Terminal 1
|First 24 hours: 30, Subsequent days: 20/day
|Premium service with curbside drop-off at Terminal 1
|100 per service
|Varies depending on the provider, typically starts at 20/day
|Private parking lots near the airport, often offer lower rates
|Varies depending on provider, typically starts at 20/day
- Pre-book your parking online: This can save you time and money, especially during peak travel seasons.
- Consider public transportation or ride-sharing: These can be more economical options, especially if you’re traveling light.
- Factor in parking fees when budgeting for your trip: Parking costs can add up quickly, so be sure to factor them in when calculating your overall travel expenses.
Air China Destinations from Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport (CAN)
Air China operates an extensive network of flights from Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport, connecting passengers to various domestic and international destinations. Here’s a table summarizing some of their popular routes:
|Destination Airport Full Name
|Beijing Capital International Airport
|Shanghai Pudong International Airport
|Chengdu Shuangliu International Airport
|Hangzhou Xiaoshan International Airport
|Shenzhen Bao’an International Airport
|Chongqing Jiangbei International Airport
|Xi’an Xianyang International Airport
|Kunming Changshui International Airport
|Haikou Meilan International Airport
|Dubai International Airport
|Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport
|Singapore Changi Airport
|Tokyo Narita International Airport
|Seoul Incheon International Airport
|Newark Liberty International Airport
|Los Angeles International Airport
|San Francisco International Airport
Map of Air China Terminal at Guangzhou Airport (Terminal 1)
The map below shows the layout of Terminal 1 at Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport (CAN), where Air China operates:
Contacting Air China at CAN
Whether you need assistance with your flight, have questions about baggage or check-in, or require special services, here are several ways to contact Air China at Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport (CAN):
- Air China Service Counters: Located on Level 3, Terminal 1. Look for designated counters with the Air China logo.
- Guangzhou Airport Service Hotline: +86 20 3606 6999
- Air China Customer Service Hotline: +86 10 95583 (within China) or +86 10 6505 1800 (outside China)
- Air China Website: https://www.airchina.com.cn/en/
Navigating Guangzhou Airport with Air China is easy when you know where to go and how to get help. This guide provides essential information to ensure a smooth and stress-free travel experience. Remember, Air China operates exclusively from Terminal 1, and multiple contact options are available for any assistance you may need.
Air China operates exclusively from Terminal 1 at Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport (CAN)
Upon arrival, follow signs for “Terminal 1 Arrivals” and proceed to your designated gate on the arrival boards. Collect your luggage at the corresponding carousel number displayed on your baggage claim tag.
Head to Level 3, Terminal 1, and look for the designated Air China check-in counters. Remember, online check-in is available for added convenience. Both domestic and international Air China flights depart from Terminal 1.