Arlanda Airport, one of Sweden’s busiest and most significant aviation hubs, serves as a gateway for numerous airlines, connecting passengers to destinations worldwide. For travelers flying with AirBaltic, understanding the terminal at Arlanda Airport is crucial for a seamless journey. This article will delve into the specifics of AirBaltic’s terminals at Arlanda Airport, covering arrivals, departures, lounges, dining options, services, parking, and flight destinations.
Information of AirBaltic Terminal Stockholm Arlanda Airport (ARN)
For a quick reference, here’s a summary of key information about the AirBaltic Terminal at Arlanda Airport:
|Stockholm Arlanda Airport
|190 45 Stockholm-Arlanda, Swede
|AirBaltic Arlanda Terminal
|AirBaltic Arrivals Terminal
|AirBaltic Departures Terminal
What Terminal is AirBaltic at Arlanda Airport?
AirBaltic operates from Terminal 2 at Arlanda Airport. Terminal 2 is the primary international terminal, equipped with modern facilities and services to cater to the needs of passengers flying with various airlines, including AirBaltic.
AirBaltic Arrival Terminal at Arlanda Airport
Upon arriving at Arlanda Airport with AirBaltic, passengers will find themselves at Terminal 2. This terminal handles international arrivals, ensuring a smooth transition for passengers disembarking from AirBaltic flights. Customs, immigration, and baggage claim services are conveniently located within the terminal, streamlining the arrival process.
AirBaltic Departure Terminal at Arlanda Airport
For those departing with AirBaltic, Terminal 2 is also the departure terminal. This modern and efficient facility provides all the necessary amenities for a comfortable pre-flight experience. From check-in counters to security checks, passengers can navigate the departure process seamlessly within Terminal 5.
AirBaltic Lost/Delayed/Damaged Baggage at Arlanda Airport
In the unfortunate event of lost, delayed, or damaged baggage, AirBaltic passengers can seek assistance at the Lost and Found or Baggage Services located in Terminal 2. The airline’s dedicated staff will provide support in tracking, retrieving, or compensating for any issues related to baggage.
Lost or Delayed Baggage
- File a report immediately upon arrival at the Lost & Found desk in Terminal 2. You can also report it online within 21 days of your arrival.
- Keep your baggage tags and boarding pass handy.
- Provide a detailed description of your baggage, including its make, model, color, and any identifying features.
- AirBaltic will track your baggage and try to locate it. If it’s not found within 21 days, you can file a compensation claim.
- Report the damage immediately upon arrival at the Lost & Found desk in Terminal 2. You can also report it online within 7 days of receiving your damaged bag.
- Keep your baggage tags, boarding pass, and any receipts for repairs.
- Take photos of the damage to your baggage.
- AirBaltic will assess the damage and determine if they can repair it or offer compensation.
Lounges at AirBaltic Terminal in Arlanda Airport
AirBaltic passengers flying from Terminal 2 at Arlanda Airport have access to comfortable lounges, enhancing their pre-flight experience. These lounges offer a range of amenities, including Wi-Fi, refreshments, and a quiet atmosphere, providing a perfect retreat for both business and leisure travelers.
SAS Scandinavian Lounges
Accessible to SAS Plus and Business Class passengers, Star Alliance Gold members, and certain lounge access card holders. These lounges offer comfortable seating, refreshments, Wi-Fi, and sometimes even showers.
Menzies Aviation Lounges
Accessible through paid access or various lounge memberships like Priority Pass. These lounges provide similar amenities to the SAS lounges, and some offer additional features like workspaces and meeting rooms.
Food & Dining Options at Arlanda Airport
Arlanda Airport’s Terminal 2 boasts a diverse range of dining options, ensuring that AirBaltic passengers can indulge in various culinary experiences before their flights. From grab-and-go snacks to fine dining, the airport caters to different preferences.
|Grab & Go
|Convenience store offering sandwiches, salads, and snacks.
|Coffee shop chain with a selection of hot and cold drinks, pastries, and sandwiches.
|Sports bar with a menu featuring burgers, pizzas, and other pub fare.
|Restaurant serving a mix of Asian dishes, including sushi, noodles, and stir-fries.
|The Food Court
|Diverse selection of fast-food options, including pizza, pasta, burgers, and Asian cuisine.
AirBaltic Services at Terminal in Arlanda Airport
AirBaltic ensures a comprehensive set of services for its passengers at Terminal 2, ranging from check-in to boarding. These services are designed to enhance the overall travel experience.
- Online check-in: Check-in online 24 hours before departure to save time at the airport.
- Baggage drop-off: Dedicated counters for dropping off your checked luggage.
- Flight changes: Manage your booking and make changes to your flight online or at the airport.
- Special assistance: Request assistance for passengers with disabilities or requiring special needs.
- Lost & Found: Report lost or damaged baggage at the Lost & Found desk.
- Currency exchange: Exchange your currency at designated counters within the terminal.
- ATMs: Withdraw cash from ATMs located throughout the airport.
- Lounge access: Access lounges based on your travel class or lounge membership.
- Duty-free shopping: Buy duty-free items at the airport shops.
- Wi-Fi: Stay connected with free Wi-Fi access throughout the terminal.
- Restaurants and cafes: Enjoy a variety of dining options before or after your flight.
- Information desks: Get help and assistance from airport staff at information desks.
Parking at AirBaltic Terminal Arlanda Airport
Several parking options are available at Stockholm Arlanda Airport to suit your needs and budget. Here’s a breakdown of the different options along with their approximate walking distance to Terminal 2, where AirBaltic primarily operates:
- Marriott Hotel Parking: Located right next to Terminal 2, this is the most convenient option for short stays, but also the most expensive. Walking distance: 1 minute.
- P2 Garage: Another close option to Terminal 2, offering covered parking. Walking distance: 3-5 minutes.
- Kiss & Fly Zone: Perfect for quick drop-offs and pick-ups, with a free 10-minute limit. Walking distance: Varies depending on drop-off/pick-up location.
- P4 Long-Term Parking: Offers open-air parking at a more affordable price, with a free shuttle bus to the terminals. Walking distance: Not applicable (shuttle bus required)
- Skyline Parking: Similar to P4, offers open-air parking with a shuttle bus service. Walking distance: Not applicable (shuttle bus required).
Where Does AirBaltic Fly from Arlanda Airport?
AirBaltic offers a wide range of destinations from Stockholm Arlanda Airport. You can find the latest route information on their website or mobile app.
Map of AirBaltic Terminal at Arlanda Airport
The map of the AirBaltic Terminal at Arlanda Airport is crucial for passengers as it provides a visual guide, helping them navigate key locations efficiently, and ensuring a stress-free and seamless travel experience.
Contact AirBaltic Terminal at Arlanda Airport
Contact information for the Air Baltic Terminal at Arlanda Airport is crucial for passengers to seek assistance, resolve issues, and obtain essential information, ensuring a smooth and stress-free travel experience.
- Phone: +46 8 559 900 00 (Sweden)
- Website: https://www.airbaltic.com/en/index
- Email: [email protected]airbaltic.com
- Twitter: @airBaltic
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/airBaltic/
Navigating AirBaltic operations at Arlanda Airport is made easy with Terminal 2’s well-organized facilities and services. From arrivals to departures, passengers can expect a seamless travel experience with access to lounges, dining options, and a range of essential services.
Primarily Terminal 2, but always verify with the airline or airport website closer to your travel date.
Typically Terminal 2, but subject to change.